SOCC 2020 FINAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
(ACCEPTED PAPERS/POSTERS ONLY)
Final camera-ready papers due: July, 31, 2020.
Thank you for your contribution to SOCC 2020. Please follow the instructions to prepare and submit your papers.
Since SOCC 2020 will be virtual, in this document, phrases like “present at the conference” means (1) a pre-recorded presentation must be submitted by Sept. 4, 2020 (detailed preparation and submission instruction will be posted soon), and (2) an author must show up at the session where the paper is scheduled.
All papers must be in English, and submitted in PDF format through EDAS.
Please comply with the following guidelines. In certain cases, non-compliance may lead to paper rejection. Additional details can be found in the IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings.
- Please include in the final manuscript any recommendations received from reviewers as a result of the review phase. These recommendations must not alter the paper fundamentals.
- All the formatting requirements, font size and document style requirements, illustration requirements, must follow the recommendations already used in preparing the initial submission and found on the initial submission page for Regular Papers and Design Track papers.
- Please check that all author names and affiliations are correctly spelled.
Regular Papers, Poster Papers:
- The page limits for both regular papers and poster papers will be a minimum of 4 pages and a maximum of 6 pages, including figures and references.
- Both regular and poster papers will be published in IEEE SOCC Conference Proceedings and included in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library.
The publication format for both paper types is the same, only the presentation at the conference is different. For details on how to prepare your presentation slides or your poster, please refer to the Presentation Guidelines (coming soon).
- Regular papers are presented orally in a 12 minutes talk + 3 minutes Q&A session
- Poster papers are presented orally at the poster session with a 5-minute talk per paper. Additional sessions will be arranged for the authors to answer questions and discuss their papers with the audience.
Design Track Papers:
- The page limits for Design Track papers will be a minimum of 2 pages and a maximum of 4 pages, including figures and references.
- The Design Track Papers will be published in the IEEE SOCC Conference Proceedings and included in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library (pending IEEE approval).
- Design Track papers are presented orally in a 10 minutes talk + 2 minutes Q&A session
- The page limits for Ph.D. forum papers will be a maximum of 2 pages, including figures and references.
- The Ph.D. forum papers will be published in the IEEE SOCC Conference Technical Digest and made available on IEEE SOCC webpage, but will not be included in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library
- Ph.D. Forum papers need to be presented during a session for the forum.
Each Regular, Poster, or Design Track paper is required to have at least one paid registration at "Full Conference" (member or non-member), undiscounted (= non-student / non-"IEEE Life Member") rate through EDAS from one of the authors by July 31, 2020 (Registration type: "Presenting Author") The presenter of a paper must be a registered author of that paper. Accepted and presented Regular, Poster, and Design Track (approval pending) papers will be published in IEEE SOCC 2020 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
For Ph.D. forum papers, the student’s registration fee will be waived unless he/she is the "Presenting Author" for a regular, poster, or design track paper.
For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration of the author is valid for up to 2 papers. Student or IEEE Life Member registration will not be counted towards this requirement.
Papers that are accepted must be presented at the conference, either by the authors themselves, or via proxy. In case a paper is not presented at the conference, it shall be deemed a “no-show.” No-shows will be removed from post-conference distribution and will not be available on IEEE Xplore® or other public-access IEEE forums.
For Regular and Poster Papers, all accepted manuscripts will be published in IEEE Xplore® and therefore must meet certain publication standards. Although Design Track papers will not be published in IEEE Xplore they should meet the same standards as regular papers.
Each PDF for IEEE Xplore® must have all of these characteristics.
- Be PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5) or later but not Acrobat 9.
- Must be created with a PDF distiller. Scanning is not permitted.
- Embeds or subsets all fonts. Doing so helps makes sure that the mathematics appears as intended and improves text searching in the PDF. Please note some TrueType fonts have a setting added by the font designer that prevents the font from being embedded and should be avoided.
- Does not have a password or other security settings.
- Does not contain any bookmarks or links.
- Does not contain crop marks, registration marks, date stamp, time stamp, page numbers, or any other mark that does not appear in the official version of the publication.
- Does not contain any PostScript that overrides the settings file.
- Does not use PDF attachments.
- Does not consist of a PDF Package or Merged PDF, a PDF 1.7 (Acrobat 8) feature.
- Avoid the usage of non-English fonts, especially Asian fonts.
- To ensure appropriate consideration of conflicts of interest during the review process, the list of authors are prohibited any changes once a paper has been submitted for review during review, revision, or (if accepted) final publication. This includes changing the ordering, removing, and adding authors.
Before you submit your final PDF, it is mandatory to use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to have it checked for compliance with the above specification.
Note that the IEEE PDF eXpress™ site for SOCC 2020 is not accepting any submissions after July 31, 2020, so make sure to check your PDF by this date.
IEEE PDF eXpress™ is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEEXplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
Steps for submission:
- Create your manuscript(s)
- Proofread and check layout of manuscript (it is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to IEEE PDF eXpress.)
- Create IEEE PDF eXpress account. If you already have an account, use the same email and password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Conference ID is 49529X
Click here to enter:
- Upload source file(s) for conversion; and/or PDF(s) for checking
- Use IEEE PDF eXpress to attain IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s). The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support. For instructions see “Using IEEE PDF eXpress.”
- If your paper has passed the check, you will receive an email stating so.
- Upload the final, camera-ready version of your paper (certified by IEEE PDF eXpress) to EDAS.
- Login to EDAS: http://www.edas.info/
- Click on “upload” beside your paper. On the next page, click on “upload or fill out copyright form” hyperlink at the bottom of the page. This redirects you to the IEEE eCopyright website.
- Proceed to the IEEE eCopyright site, answer the questions, complete the form, and “submit”.
- Return to EDAS (a copyright symbol – © – should now appear next to the paper title).
- Click on “upload” beside your paper.
- Check the box acknowledging the IEEE policy on plagiarism.
- Click browse and navigate to the PDF file processed by IEEE PDF eXpress that you saved on your computer.
- Click “submit”.
- Verify that the PDF in EDAS is the file that was uploaded.
Only after you have registered and paid you may request and download an invitation letter for your visa application.
Note: You can only upload your final manuscript if you successfully made the payment AND signed the eCopyright form. In order to double check these, click on your paper title and review the details. Your paper should show the status “Registered and Paid” and your copyright form “Regular copyright, date signed”.